Before we get to the quotes, let me introduce you to a man, to whom LIMIT is just a word.
Nick Vujicic is 34 years old. He was born without limbs for no medical reason. He is also president of motivational speech contributor, “Attitude is Altitude.” Though he struggles with a few practicalities of everyday living (brushing teeth, changing clothes, etc.), he’s turned into an in-demand inspirational speaker.
Nick has also founded a global non-profit ministry and organization, “Life Without Limbs,” by which he attempts to fight against bullying. Brimming with life, Nick loves to swim, paint, travel, inspire, skydive, and browse. He’s also published his memoir “Love Without Limits,” which is a bestseller all over the world. Nick is happily married to Kanae Miyahara and proud father of two sons.
There is absolutely no medical justification for Vujicic’s physical handicap, a sporadic congenital disorder called tetra-amelia syndrome. He’s got a little foot on his left hip which helps him move a little. He can type, pick up things between his toes and even kick a soccer ball. The self-confessed adrenalin junkie regularly swims, travel and has also attempted skydiving.
Confidence didn’t come naturally to anyone. So was the case with Vujicic. Growing up in Melbourne, Australia, he was bullied at school and struggled with depression. When he was only ten years old, he attempted suicide. As time passes, Vujicic worked on embracing a positive attitude, as well as at 17, an experience with his high school janitor inspired him to enter public speaking. The charismatic Australian currently travels the world addressing huge audiences. Till now, he has visited more than 60 countries and given over three million discussions.
Below are the ten lessons from Nick’s publication “Your Life Without Limitations” will provide you reasons to live, make, love and inspire the world around us.
1. If you can’t get a miracle, become one.
2. Take small steps in the right direction. No matter how small your steps, keep moving forward toward your goal.
3. I have the choice to be angry at God for what I don’t have or be thankful for what I do have.
4.If I fail, I try again, and again, and again. If YOU fail, are you going to try again? The human spirit can handle much worse than we realize. It matters HOW you are going to FINISH. Are you going to finish strong?
5. If a man without arms and legs is dreaming big, why can’t we all?
6. You can’t even stand without risking to fall.
7. To wish for change will change nothing. To make the decision to take action right now will change everything!
8. It’s a lie to think you’re not good enough. It’s a lie to think you’re not worth anything.
9. I encourage you to accept that you may not be able to see a path right now, but that doesn’t mean it’s not there.
10. This life is full of great experiences if we only give it a shot.
Also, see TED talk by Nick Vujicic where he gives lessons of hope and love.